05.01.2018 | Capital Market | Press | Startup
Octavian Pătrașcu gave an interview
to "Bursa", one of the most influential business publications in Romania. Among the topics discussed there were:
- Investing in Romania: low-risk means mostly real estate, although evolutions on the market may be influenced by changes in interest rates at banks or modifications in property taxing. On the other side, startups can be characterized by an additional degree of risk, because of the political and legislative instability.
- Romanian business climate: it could benefit from political calm and simplification of procedures by means of technology.
- Cryptocurrencies: they are risky, but blockchain and ICO (Initial Coin Offering) as a startup funding strategy might be here to stay.
- The necessity of cash reserves: they are necessary for short-term opportunities, for instance. However, in Romania interest rates are too small to encourage holding the cash in bank accounts, on the contrary.
- Entrepreneurship: young businesspersons have to avoid getting discouraged by barriers. Failure contains the opportunity to learn from one's mistakes and the most beautiful part of an entrepreneur career is precisely learning from mistakes.
You can read the complete interview, in Romanian, here