Interview in Bursa. Octavian Pătrașcu: “I’ve chosen to invest in innovative startups”
05.01.2018 | Capital Market | Press | Startup
Octavian Pătrașcu gave an interview to “Bursa”, one of the most influential business publications in Romania. Among the topics discussed there were:
- Investing in Romania: low-risk means mostly real estate, although evolutions on the market may be influenced by changes in interest rates at banks or modifications in property taxing. On the other side, startups can be characterized by an additional degree of risk, because of the political and legislative instability.
- Romanian business climate: it could benefit from political calm and simplification of procedures by means of technology.
- Cryptocurrencies: they are risky, but blockchain and ICO (Initial Coin Offering) as a startup funding strategy might be here to stay.
- The necessity of cash reserves: they are necessary for short-term opportunities, for instance. However, in Romania interest rates are too small to encourage holding the cash in bank accounts, on the contrary.
- Entrepreneurship: young businesspersons have to avoid getting discouraged by barriers. Failure contains the opportunity to learn from one’s mistakes and the most beautiful part of an entrepreneur career is precisely learning from mistakes.
You can read the complete interview, in Romanian, here.
PR Department | 05.01.2018 | Capital Market | Press | Startup
16.01.2019 | Press | Startup
In entrepreneurs' and investors' lingo, the meaning of the term startup is pretty clear. However, after several years of business in this field, I've noticed the necessity of some clarifications, both for experienced businessmen and young people who tackle business for the first time. (more…)
05.01.2019 | Startup
“Angel investor” is one of the best names in the business literature. Maybe, too good a name, to the extent that startups tend to perceive this category of investors as a solution to all problems, which is not. That is why I've tried to place it in two ecosystems. You'll find out what an angel investor may and, especially, may not be. (more…)