Interview in Bursa. Octavian Pătrașcu: “I’ve chosen to invest in innovative startups”
05.01.2018 | Capital Market | Press | Startup
Octavian Pătrașcu gave an interview to “Bursa”, one of the most influential business publications in Romania. Among the topics discussed there were:
- Investing in Romania: low-risk means mostly real estate, although evolutions on the market may be influenced by changes in interest rates at banks or modifications in property taxing. On the other side, startups can be characterized by an additional degree of risk, because of the political and legislative instability.
- Romanian business climate: it could benefit from political calm and simplification of procedures by means of technology.
- Cryptocurrencies: they are risky, but blockchain and ICO (Initial Coin Offering) as a startup funding strategy might be here to stay.
- The necessity of cash reserves: they are necessary for short-term opportunities, for instance. However, in Romania interest rates are too small to encourage holding the cash in bank accounts, on the contrary.
- Entrepreneurship: young businesspersons have to avoid getting discouraged by barriers. Failure contains the opportunity to learn from one’s mistakes and the most beautiful part of an entrepreneur career is precisely learning from mistakes.
You can read the complete interview, in Romanian, here.
PR Department | 05.01.2018 | Capital Market | Press | Startup
25.02.2019 | Startup
An investor receives far more funding requests than the ones he can actually get involved in. Even the proposals that include a good pitch and business plan have to go through a screening procedure in which the potential investor obtains his necessary clarifications. We do have such procedures in our companies and they’re not secret – but, instead, they are highly relevant about any investor’s expectations and steps that entrepreneurs have to follow through. This is the reason I’ve chosen to present our procedure in brief. (more…)
04.02.2019 | Capital Market
If the investments in shares, bonds or bank deposits seem boring to you, then you should have a look at the so called alternative investment market, which can be very roughly described as being everything that does not fall under the categories above. Maybe, in this case, you will be surprised to see that success is even more problematic here than on the classic markets. (more…)